Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Why Do I Get Red Blotchy Hands

- volunteer

No, no, no potter about! At the beginning of the week embraced my duties volunteers. On Sunday, Sister Miriam told me everything and showed me, and on Monday started.

I am a volunteer at the Church of Armenian related to the Fourth Station of the Cross. This gate, which leads to it (from the station mark IV):


That church looks like from the outside:


And in the middle:


Hence descend the crypt. Here at the side altar stands fourth Station of the Cross, and below that is a fragment of mosaic from the fourth century:


From the side, hanging picture of Jesus of Mercy with the signature " Jesus, I trust you "in Armenian language:


housed in the crypt of a chapel of adoration :

In it is called. Jerusalem Triptych (more on the entire initiative associated with it can be read here ):



Triptych is a central part of the Host in the monstrance, which has the shape of the Mother of God, modeled on the Mother of God of Czestochowa . Host is as if kept in the hands of Mary:


supervision over the exercise adoration chapel and sisters paulistki (including Sister Miriam). They shall ensure that each day between 8.00 am and 17.30 lasted there a prayer for peace in Jerusalem and throughout the world. Triptych of the evening (and with it the church) is closed:



my duty (= pleasure) is to spend in the church about 4 hours a day. Because we're in two - Mrs Grazyna and I - ustaliłyśmy that will change every week, once she is in the morning, sometimes I do. This week I start from 13.00.

First of all, about 3 hours, adore the Lord Jesus. keep watch at the same time that the pilgrims coming here behaved, as expected, that is mainly their silences, because there is a reverberation that even the whisper disturbing.

And every other day, I wash the floor or in the church. Fellas? Fly with a brush and cloth to Jerusalem! For the first time I was here in passing, as a pilgrim, and now I wash the floor - at home! Overall not a bad exercise - both the body (a little this space to wash is ...), and the spirit (because it requires humility ...). But it's pretty good variety, besides just in time for Lent.

And that's what I'm a volunteer. At the same bit of me is a surprise, because I always thought that all these Voluntary is not for me, that I do not fit this ... But that volunteering is quite different - one for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment