Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Make Disney Friendship Bracelets

falafel, pomegranate juice and other delicacies

I suspected it before the arrival here, but now I'm basically certain: one of the reasons why God created me, is this, I could eat falafel and drink the juice squeezed with grenades. Or maybe the order was different? With me in the plans, God decided to make fun of me and came up with falafel and grenades. And then he added, have dates.

Anyway, my first dinner in Jerusalem, shortly after arrival, it was a set of obligatory: falafel, and the juice squeezed from pomegranates. So I waited until I could again deign them my palate!

Chop Falafel is one of the chickpeas, lentils or beans, with herbs and parsley, fried in deep fat. Although it comes from the Arabic cuisine is considered as an Israeli national dish. Sam looks like this:




Available in different sizes. One of the street vendors jokingly explained to me that a big falafel is Mister and Mistress is a small falafel.

But you can buy it as a food. Then there's the drink, with salad and sauce.

set its sights on pub near my apartment, where falafel is very good. Even got familiar with its owner, who recently gave me a tasty shoarma and added vegetables (cauliflower, olives, carrots ...) in such a good (vinegar?) Lagoon.

tucking into falafelami!


But it happens to me too for lunch or dinner to eat such a big triangles of dough with caution seasoned stuffing: meat and vegetables, spinach (which in general does not taste like in Poland, because it is probably quite different flavored), or cheese and called zatar (the local spice), or minipizze (such as meat and eggs).

Pomegranate juice - except that it is delicious (combines sweetness with a hint of bitterness) - great to quench thirst. You can buy it here, not only in pubs, but also directly from the street:



Most systems are also fresh juices "(as they proclaim ads printed on cartons) with other fruit, mainly oranges:





Anyway, the fruit is a whole lot here. Gladly eat dates, bananas (taste a little different than in Poland), and such a small orange fruit with large stones, whose names I failed to determine whether arcysłodkie grubaśnej peel oranges. And grenades.

with grenades have a jam, and recently even bought a white tea with pomegranate (very good!) And the nectar of the pomegranate. And yogurt mousse navy found, at least so I thought the picture on the cup, although the flavor was more of feel-added peach.

eat too many vegetables, which are cheap here (though Grazyna argues that counts to me so cheap, because probably recognize me as his). Tomatoes, cucumbers, so small (I think) squash, peppers, olives ...



But do not eat ordinary bread. Anyway, here it is perhaps too popular. What I have in return? First of all, pita breads and such, which is deceptively similar to the bottom of the pizza. Both may be bright or dark. They come up, such a large and thin pancakes, but pancakes taste differently. In addition, sometimes Grazyna brings a thicker cake with spices, which is - as she says with different meals - delicious.

buns are also dark with cinnamon (and cardamom?), nuts and raisins or semisweet or minichałki buns with sesame seeds. Or we-we (as I was informed by the vendor), which looks a bit like drożdżówkowa oponka:
is with a bit of filling (unless daktylowego) in the corners and deliciously tastes fried with olive oil.

A hungry lately, turning up in Jerusalem and I bought a great crescent of hot chocolate. Sky with my mouth! Was better than those you can buy this sweet-smelling bakery in Warsaw on Chmielna!


I also taste the local pastries. Various such cookies to coffee (for here or in Poland - Afternoon jackdaw must be), such as nuts and cinnamon, or arcysłodkie and dripping with syrup or honey, small pastries Arabic (including, of course baklawa, which in this picture is not):




But these different sweets there are a lot more. All sure I can not try, but maybe something I bring to Polish:






In general, I do not use butter here. Instead, it serves me soft avocado or olive oil. Or hummus (pasta with ciecerzycy, olive oil and spices, sometimes with additives). Ah, hummus - delicious! Anyway, humus is the only word that I can read Hebrew - thanks to the lessons given to me by Sister Miriam and Fr. Zbyszko (hereinafter Zibim, who during the fleeting meetings explain me some things about Jerusalem, which - as I learned - or sometimes the reader of this blog, so I greet him!).


specialty in Israel are dried fruits (watermelon, kiwis, pineapples, dates, figs ...). It briefs:



But more of these delights are in the marketplace of Hebrew in the new Jerusalem, where the event was only for a moment. I plan to go there yet.

And finally, here are fragrant spice shops:




For sure I bring called zatar:



therefore Enjoy the local cuisine. But sometimes I feel like coming up over the familiar flavors:


yes, coca-cola

the Hebrew stamps can taste ice cream: vanilla with chocolate and almonds

And whatever you buy here, the seller just gives the hand ... Gdzieżby because there had been in plastic gloves or other such ...

only that there was: I do not do here just food! Especially in the Holy Week, when even less appropriate to write about food so ... But since you have already written ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment