Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What To Do With Songs On Shareaza

rhythm of the Old Town Area

Old Jerusalem is a maze of stone streets, the so-called. souks. Each of these bitches is different, though all are similar. Life begins in earnest here in the morning is not, but just before noon. Then the shops are open-stalls, where you can buy anything: the local food, all kinds of regional products, but also things like an indulgence, or moved from the stalls of the Tenth Anniversary Stadium:








draw my attention always shops with bags, of which there are a whole lot - and it's such oriental as well as ordinary, like the ones you can buy even at Warsaw's subway at Metro Center. For now, I bought two, but I do not know if that's it ... I'm also having fun T-shirts with various prints. My favorite lyrics are: "Do not worry, be Jewish," and - this is something for you, Martha B., broker of information - "Fuck Google Ask Me":


So many things I like it here! I've bought something there, but mostly to look at and wonder what else to buy.

course, there are also services, such as for example Barber:


Besides, of course, for example, pharmacies and pubs:


sometimes sell directly to citizens Street:




There are even some kind of second-handy:


A big corporations and their presence indicates here:


streets throughout the day directly przewala the różnokulturowy, różnowyznaniowy, Multilingual crowd. Young and old, locals and visitors mingle with each other or simply pushing one another. Beautifully dressed and make-up Arab women, often engaged in hand or carrying their children, sometimes Orthodox Jews (who, in the rain, wrap foil hats) from the cell to the ear, with school children and naturally plecaczkami swarms of pilgrims (among them a lot Poles and Russians) who are trying to follow the Way of the Cross leading bitches:


There is a real buzz. In the more open areas of the seller for his voice tout their wares and their money (sometimes - if I guess - they even have special megafoniki that call for them, initially I thought it was the radio ...). In the souks engage the tourists / pilgrims, inviting you to join their store (they call me "Lady"). Mandatory ask how you are. When I reply that the Polish, immediately speak Polish: "Day good "or" How are you? ", or" Welcome to my shop. "With some I was able to even closer look. One asked me in Polish he wrote:" Sales "and then he wanted to choose me for this earrings in her shop. In another place, usually sitting crew of three, who stuck to me, saying: "I love you" or "I love you, and you sleep," or: "You have pretty eyes." And one day, when the I did not give again to persuade the entrance to the store, my favorite, he said, "Today I do not love you." And finally succumbed and went. I did not bought, but I did the photo and I promised that I will tell my friends in Warsaw, it is my friend in Jerusalem:


and going back to it and buy something. Today promises to term. Targowaliśmy long and bitterly.


Because here you have to haggle. As soon as you look at a thing, the seller is no longer with you, praises what you watch, shows a lot of other goods, and promises to give you good price. When it was administered, preferably by half the amount given below as the one you want to pay. Well, start haggling, during which the seller ensures that the price offered is specifically for you, because you're the first customer for a moment or closes. I beg you to tell anyone not to say we gave a discount, because the others know, too, will want. And if he agrees to what you suggest, it will simply be lossy. Should buy only when it reaches the 50-70% of what the vendor said in the beginning. A rather reach for sure when will simply go away, claiming that the purchase gives up ... One vendor I once went from 200 to 80 shekels, but I really did not want to buy the costumes, so I left him disappointed.

buzz on the streets of Jerusalem are also created by the fact that people here are generally quite noisy (as well as to persuade the hard thanks to my neighbors ...) - no matter what time of day (and - sometimes - the night). Communicate more loudly and without embarrassment quarrel.

The total should add a small tractors driving on these narrow streets:


wooden carts, which transported goods for sale (sometimes children with them other WOZA):



and young people moving on big trays based on head baked goods or other things (I could not photograph them yet).

Over all this the smell of incense or - more likely - nargili roasted, or water pipe. Such a miracle can be purchased at a special shop:


From time to time revived here and there, church bells, the beating of clocks on the towers and the singing of the minarets muezinów (all these sounds I really like).

evenings, the streets turns a lot of young people who - when it comes to noise - at times even goes through adults.

course, there are also smaller streets - typically where there is little movement, and sounds of the city reach subdued:





on Friday around noon, a crowd - Especially between Lions Gate and Damascus Gate - thickens so that it is difficult to pass. Muslims in his Christmas Day return of the mosque on the Temple Mount:


on Fridays after sunset begins the Sabbath (which announce the siren). Then from the Damascus Gate toward the Western Wall, stretching Orthodox Jews in gowns or suits, the hats or big fur caps or even yarmulkes. Often with children and wives. Women and girls are also dressed in their Sunday best:




On Sunday much of the Christian shops are closed - after all, is Our Christian holy day.


Old Jerusalem is also a great way to gymnastics. Stone streets are full of stairs. Going to the chapel for adoration overcome them - if I counted - 194th And then you come back. And sometimes people go back and forth for different reasons. You can of course choose a different way, outside the walls, but then it is one way in advance, and the second - at the top, but without the stairs. But accustomed (t) am. Have even longer (-ly) I hurt calf muscles.

Old Jerusalem lives its own rhythm - the everyday designated by permanent residents and short visits are still new groups of tourists / pilgrims (Armed with cameras).

I would love you to be able to see and hear. Because I know that everything I write and show you the photos (which of course I have more), and so does not reflect the vibrancy that consistently fascinates and delights me.

Ps. Windy today and it is terribly cold. "In life it does not wymarzłam in Poland in those hot countries" - ruled yesterday my namesake, a volunteer from the library. Something like that is ... Hoping to follow the forecast consecutive days and gaze lovingly at the announcement of 30 degrees to the temperature of which is to finish off any day now ...

Ps. 2. I added a few words about Bethany. And besides, partly podmieniłem foty in post "I am - a volunteer," and added a photo of a closed Triptych - you must see, because I closed it looks cool.


Ps. 3. I guess I start (little?) Miss you ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment