Friday, April 15, 2011

Eczema On My Stomach Why

Via Dolorosa and the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre

"In early April the sun rises over Jerusalem at 5:30" - written in my guide. Today, at this very hour my alarm rang. I got up so early because I wanted to in the morning, before the crowd and the streets bustle nasiąkną, go the Way of the Cross and stay in the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre:



course, all of the principles:





does not stop at each station. Do not want multiple photos. Especially since, in fact, only the first and last stations are back in history, the rest is a route designated by the Franciscans in the fourteenth century, having - again I reach to the guide - "the nature of prayer and penance, not historical." Photographed the streets, however, on which the Way of the Cross, to show them to you, and ye can move them with me (only one refused to be photographed, it was too dark and my camera itself is not advised):


so. Ecce Homo Arch







I walked slowly and thought. I was struck by the thought of two complex with each other dimensions of what is happening on this road: Human (Convict in front of onlookers carries the cross to the place of his execution: "What our Lord Christ suffers in his humanity as the Deity [...], hides, [...] as [Jesus], allow the cruel suffering of His sacred humanity "- St. Ignatius of Loyola) and the mystical / eschatological (God takes upon himself my sins - this is salvation).

Finally I got to the Basilica:




Before her is a rather large square:
soon as you enter through wide doors have oriented to the right, where there are stairs to Golgotha:



Golgotha \u200b\u200bis a space that every time a new totally consumes me ... Usually during the day there is here a considerable uproar in the morning was calm. But no matter what time I like to sit in a corner on the floor beneath the Cross and look, just look:
At the altar at the foot of the setting is a hole in the rock - a place on the Cross:




Once again, today stuck to his forehead (in the morning there were queues stretching noisy pilgrims), I could not stop crying. Sadness ...? Emotions ...? Love ...? In any case, such good tears ...


I was thinking ... If I had doubts that what happened on that mountain happened, really happened, would stop doubting, having found here ... Because it's a place where you love just overwhelmed, she remains infinite ...

Pod is called Golgotha. Chapel of Adam - according to tradition the place where they buried The father (hence the blood of Jesus poured out on his skull):



and which indicate rupture of the rocks after the death of the Lord:




Right next to, opposite the main entrance, is the Stone of the Anointing. It smells very beautiful oils that are poured upon him:




behind it are quite nice mosaic:






And then the Tomb of Jesus - the building, even though that is associated with joy and hope - it looks quite dark:


pay attention to this gentleman, who looks like a knock on the door ...



Morning tomb was closed. During the day, usually facing the queue of those who want to see that there really is empty. At the entrance stands the priest, whose role is to rush moved, ...


In addition, it is worth descend into the Basilica of St. Helena:




is in it something mystical:




And when you get off even lower:




goes to find the chapel of the Cross:




aside from the Tomb is a chapel of the Blessed Sacrament:




Here is part of the column indicates whether the pile, at which the /-s Jesus was scourged:




And this is the Calvary Chapel of the (original) :




Opposite the tomb is still called. Choir of the Greeks, whose "rich furnishings contrast with the severity of the basilica (it is again good point of my guide). Here on the vault - inside the dome - is a beautiful, charming mosaic of Christ - Lord of the Universe. On the floor and is something that resembles a little drum, and is to be ... navel of the world ... Unfortunately, so far I could not get a moment, that this chapel was open ... This mosaic has enchanted me the first time stay in Israel. Now the picture I made just behind the built-up side Chorus:




Throughout the Basilica - shrouded in gloom - the smell of incense and essential oils ...


I love this place ... I have to choose there again for longer this time without the camera, which, however, little to distract me ...

And on the way back I went out another door. Fell on the stairs wonderful streak of morning light:




Ps. I added some stuff in my previous post (The rhythm of the Old Town), mainly of haggling with local vendors. Read necessarily because it's the whole ritual.


Ps. 2. I walk a lot, I see, I survive. I photograph. I walked (almost entirely) the walls of Jerusalem, I spent a few hours in Zion, tomorrow I go to the Mount of Olives. When I describe to you all and show? Well, nothing ... Maybe something needs to be on Personal stories when you return. I hope that little bit of me waiting ...


Ps. 3. It is warm!


Ps. 4. That SOUNDS sirens proclaiming the beginning of the Sabbath.

0 comments:

Post a Comment